FORUMS: list search recent posts

Producing in HD

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darlene Mulligan
Producing in HD
on Sep 14, 2009 at 8:09:19 pm

I'm new to the COW so forgive me if this question has been asked before. More and more of my clients are spec'ing their jobs to shoot in HD but want delivery in SD. What's the point? None of these people are broadcasting their shows, nor do they need legacy footage, but I feel that they are only asking for HD because someone said it's what they are supposed to ask for. Can anyone tell me how they explain to their clients about HD and it use in the corporate world?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Producing in HD
on Sep 14, 2009 at 9:53:21 pm

[Darlene]
What's the point? None of these people are broadcasting their shows, nor do they need legacy footage,

Be careful using the word never. I had a corporate client who said SD was a great size. After I built the open they decided that a 900 pixel width video for their website is what the had to have. I try to build everything in HD these days if I can.
Whether HD is just a buzz word and nothing else it doesn't matter to your client, if they want Nikes instead of brand X then you get them Nikes. We used to shot a lot of spots on film, and I love the look of film, but our clients wanted HD. And if that is the format we had to shot the spot on to get the job that is what we shot it on. At least that is how I see it. Sorry, I'm sure my post is not a very helpful answer compared to the one you where looking for.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:43:03 am

We just had a long discussion of this in the Business & marketing forum, take a look.

Return to posts index

Darlene Mulligan
on Sep 15, 2009 at 2:26:41 pm

Thank you for the re-direct. It was very helpful!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]