FORUMS: list search recent posts

Music Library

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben BrodbeckMusic Library
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 4:47:56 pm

I'm starting a video production department for a local hospital (OSF St. Francis Medical Center - Peoria, IL.) and am trying to find a suitable production music library.

Any suggestions on which music library I should go with?

I've got a quote from Killer Tracks and they want $3650/yr. for three years...that seems a little steep to me.

Thanks,

Ben Brodbeck

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Music Library
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 6:17:16 pm

I suggest you try Sonicfire Pro instead. Lets you customize in insane ways, instantly, with a unique sound, but doesn't cost like a big traditional needle-drop library. Dirt-simple to use too. I'm an unrepentant fanboy for this app.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Music Library
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 7:44:36 pm

Two libraries you should take a look at are:

Stack Tracks
Narrator Tracks

Also, check out this review I wrote on Stack Tracks.

Plus, both libraries offer some freebies so you can try them out before you buy.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Ben BrodbeckRe: Music Library
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 8:35:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions.
What about production music libraries like KillerTracks, MegaTrax, Video Helper?

Are there any other good companies out there I could look into?
I just want good music that would work for the medical field.

I am currently looking into the Stack Tracks as well. Thanks for the idea there, Stephen!

Thanks everybody!

Ben Brodbeck

Return to posts index

by on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:03:10 pm

[Ben] What about production music libraries like KillerTracks, MegaTrax, Video Helper?

When I want really high end sounding music I first turn to Non-Stop music. They are great. Ask for Mike Hicks and he will do a great job for you on pricing and locating music. Tell him that Stephen Smith recommend them.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

John Grote, Jr.Re: Music Library
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 8:39:59 pm

One site to look at is productiontrax.com or the Music Bakery. Both these sites are ala cart music, so you don't have to pay for a blanket in the case of Killer Track. The other nice things about both, but productiontrax is that it is always being updated with new music and you can preview and download what you need. Plus they usually have 2 price points depending on your usage.

Cheers,

John

J. Grote, Jr.

Return to posts index

Ben BrodbeckRe: Music Library
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:21:34 pm

Stephen, I really like the Non-Stop Music! Thanks for the idea.
Any idea what price range I might be looking at?
I know Killer Tracks quoted me $3650/yr. for 3 years.
Do you think Non-Stop would be a better value and possibly less than the $3650 price tag?

Thanks!,

Ben

Return to posts index

by on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:49:27 pm

I feel Non-stop is a better value. However, I think you will find that Non-Stop, Killer Tracks, MegaTrax and Video Helper are all similar in pricing. If you want high-end music that is used in movie trailers like Transformers and Narnia (Non-Stop) it comes with a price. The company I work for does a lot of corporate videos. A lot of our projects don't need that high end music/can't afford that music. We use Stack Traxxs and Narrator Tracks. When a project requires big time music we will purchase the use of just the song we need. The client understands that they need to pay more for that to happen. This helps the client decided on how important that music is. I'm sure some others will disagree with this approach. That has worked for us.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

George SockaRe: Music Library
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:23:54 am

we are talking about a hospital here. No Oscars on the horizon. And if its going on a website, corporate of public, 90% of the audience is going to listen with cheap speakers anyway. Digital Juice stack trax ( I know well ) , and other :15 :30 3:00 stock people always have a problem in that the need is for :11, :22 2:42

splicing together intros and extros is a huge pain.

Sonic fire is great because you dont need to know anything about music except to listen. I baught a bunch of Stack Trax and their back trax and am ready to dump the whole mess cheap and go back to Sonic fire. The Adobe sound booth concept sounds great in the literature, but is worse, IMNSHO, than either of the above.

The problem with sonic fire is that every year ( it seems ) they change the software and you need to buy everything over again.

wav files are wav files for as long as there is a microsoft.

George Socka
BeachDigital
http://www.beachdigital.com

Return to posts index

Ben CrosbieRe: Music Library
by on Sep 18, 2009 at 4:23:15 pm

I second non-stop music. I think they are nearly as good as Killer Tracks, but come in cheaper. I've only used them for project specific licenses, not yearly blankets, so I can't help you no that front.

http://www.eidolonfilms.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]