FORUMS: list search recent posts

HD video without Blu-Ray player, laptop, or desktop

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Latman
HD video without Blu-Ray player, laptop, or desktop
on Aug 21, 2009 at 2:50:18 pm

I create looping videos for tradeshow booths. Typically I just burn a DVD that loops and the sales rep or trade show coordinator brings the DVD with them to pop into the payer which is attached to large display.
While a convenient method, all the effort that I put into making the video in HD is kinda lost playing back on a DVD with component connections.
Is there any sort of rig or setup that I could give someone a thumb drive they could then bring it to the show, connect it to some sort of box that then copies the file and plays it back over an HDMI connection?
LaCie makes a Rugged HD drive, but I don't think I can set up a video to loop. It would be also nice to connect multiple monitors to the one device so they all stayed in sync. Right now two people on the count of 3 put the DVDs in the separate TVs. The sync can be a little off, but there typically is no sound, so that is not an issue.

Return to posts index

Greg Ball
Re: HD video without Blu-Ray player, laptop, or desktop
on Aug 21, 2009 at 3:02:49 pm

Try this:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=572

It uses HDMI cables as well.

Return to posts index

Ken Latman
on Aug 21, 2009 at 3:29:46 pm

After downloading the manual, I think this just might work. At first I did not see the HDMI connection too clearly.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Brian Tario
on Oct 2, 2009 at 2:57:34 am

Check out Roku's line of digital signage players, they're sweet.

Return to posts index

Danny Grizzle
on Oct 20, 2009 at 11:58:30 pm

Are you sure the LaCie LaCinema Rugged HD will not loop? I just purchased one, and my initial impression - from the manual, not confirmed by testing - is it will loop. If not, we need to hammer LaCie for a firmware upgrade.

At any rate, I just published a mini review on the LaCie in the Creative Cow Corporate Video forum. If someone is certain looping cannot be enabled, I need to update the review to avoid misleading people.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]