FORUMS: list search recent posts

stock footages of Philippine beaches

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
clyde villegas
stock footages of Philippine beaches
on Jul 12, 2009 at 11:38:05 am

I was surfing the net looking for free stock footages of Philippine beaches (like Boracay) and can't find anything decent. Can someone lead me to the right direction? I'll be using them for a corporate video, with a 5 day production, from conceptualization to dvd. Have no time to shoot. Thanks guys!

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: stock footages of Philippine beaches
on Jul 15, 2009 at 1:49:55 pm

I'm not sure what you're doing, but you may want to consider any beach. There are free stock footage clips of a beach and the ocean and I'm sure no one would know if it was Hawaii or the Philippine. Once again, that depends on what you are doing.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Check out the TV Show Open I did.

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

clyde villegas
on Jul 15, 2009 at 2:45:16 pm

The client wants part of the video to show the Philippines as a great place to both live and do business in. So I thought of showing the beaches of Boracay and Palawan in the Philippines.

ut in omnibus glorificetur Deus

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2009 at 3:17:50 pm

Well in that case I would look to see if the Philippines has some sort of an Economical Development Council. They want to promote business in their country and usually have stock footage that they own that they will let you use for that project at no cost. You may try to see if there is a Travel Visitors Bureau as well.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jul 15, 2009 at 4:12:15 pm

One possibility is to use digital still images of reasonably high res and do a pan and scan in, say, After Effects. You can get these images under a Creative Commons Licence from flickr.com under Advanced Search. I did such a search there and came up with thousands of images. Just a matter of going through and selecting 'all sizes' for each chosen image to see what resolution the image is.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 15, 2009 at 9:09:49 pm

Be careful when using Creative Commons. On flickr be sure to look at the "Additional Information" section and read the "Some Rights reserved" section if there is one. Lots of times you will need to attribute the original creator.

Stephen Smith
Lone Peak Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]