FORUMS: list search recent posts

Training package - video + quiz

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gav Bott
Training package - video + quiz
on Jul 8, 2009 at 12:25:37 am

I have a request to make a training package, video content is pretty simple, but I need to provide a quiz/assessment element as well.

Does anyone have any good software recommendations for generating a quiz (not hosted online) that you can print of a cert of success / pass results from?

I am thinking Acrobat might be the answer to package the whole thing together as one – so if there are any tales of woe or joy in doing something like this I’d love to hear them.

Thanks

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Training package - video + quiz
on Jul 8, 2009 at 2:14:05 pm

G'day, Gav.

I did an interactive DVD that contained multiple-choice quiz questions on each segment. Something like seven segments, each with two questions, each question with 4 possible answers, the bad answers branched to a "sorry, this is why you are wrong/try again" loop, the correct answers would congratulate and reinforce your choice with added info then send you on to the next question. Shooting took something like 3 days, one for all the host standups, two for the play-acted scenarios in all their permutations. The raw edit to boil down finished segments took me roughly a week. The authoring step in DVDsp took around 14 hours as I recall. I'll try to upload a picture of the resulting logic map from that project.

There is purpose-built quizware out there that runs in HTML as well as flash, and offers things like automatic scoring a grading, etc..

If you want something more modest, you can build the quiz yourself in powerpoint and use canned buttons in there commanding jumps to certain slides to direct the same kind of interactivity as the DVD thing I discussed above. And, while the code you get is nothing to be proud of, you can have powerpoint automatically turn the presentation into HTML and you can then run it offline using a browser or post it on the company intra-net.

Picture embed attempt:
(The blue squares are menu blocks that hold the pre-taped dramatic situation and then directly play the multiple-choice questions, green blocks are the right and wrong answers)

Return to posts index

Gav Bott
Re: Training package - video + quiz
on Jul 9, 2009 at 2:25:40 am

Thanks for such a detailed answer Mark - and revealing your structure for this kind of project.

Gives me plenty of material to work a solution.

Thanks

The Brit in Brisbane
The Pomme in Production - Brisbane Australia.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]