FORUMS: list search recent posts

Corporate Video Update Rates??

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aaron LCorporate Video Update Rates??
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 2:20:11 pm

I finished a huge corporate video recently which is being hosted online by the company and is used for training purposes. The company will want to update these videos in the future and already want some minor changes. How would I charge for these changes? Hourly? What about just rendering time. They want a small h.264 version to review and a full 1080p version for their own rendering to flash. Also, if they want to add footage, I did the narration as well, what should I charge for re-recording audio? Any help would be great!!

Thanks guys!!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Corporate Video Update Rates??
by on Jun 18, 2009 at 6:57:02 pm

Hourly rate, with a 2-hour minimum.

Return to posts index

Kris SimmonsRe: Corporate Video Update Rates??
by on Jul 2, 2009 at 3:50:45 pm

I agree with Mark. It doesn't matter what service you are providing on your machine. If its tied up, you can't provide another service on it. I suggest that you give your client an estimate of how many hours you believe it will take but give them a little bit of a range. "It will take between 8 and 12 hours to complete these changes. A lot of it depends on how long the HD files take to convert."

Always remember that if they didn't need your services, they wouldn't hire you. You are valuable to them and their business so charge accordingly.

Kris Simmons
Executive Producer & CEO
Fire Eye Productions, Inc.

Return to posts index

Roger LeeRe: Corporate Video Update Rates??
by on Jul 2, 2009 at 5:02:12 pm

Thank you for your input!! I really appreciate it. And you're right, you can't do too much on the editing system if its rendering.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved