FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trying to Start a Legal Video Deposition Company

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nim DivinoTrying to Start a Legal Video Deposition Company
by on May 28, 2009 at 9:29:36 pm

To the moderator: I'm sorry for double posting. I accidentally clicked post direct. Please remove my first post.

Hello guys,
This is my first post in a long time (maybe 6 years). I got laid off last January as a production artist for a patent litigation support company. I learned a lot from that company after working there for 6 years and I got really interested on legal video deposition.

I know I need to become a notary and I know the importance of synching to the legal transcript. However, I have some questions on the technical aspect of things, I hope you guys don't mind answering some questions I have.

What is the best way to have a back-up during a deposition shooting? Basically, tape from camera gets ruin for whatever reason, I have a back-up recorded and use that. On top of my head, a VHS recorder. It records from the output of the camera to VHS. Is there a real-time DVD recorder or something?

For audio, I'm thinking, the deponent gets its own channel, and channel 2 is connected by audio mixer. I'm guessing I need atleast 4 microphones. Is this a good set-up?

In the real-world, does the client request for an unsynched-DVD after the shoot? If so, then I hope there is a real-time DVD recorder.

I hope you guys don't mind answering these, and I hope I am in the right thread. I was going to start the process on becoming a notary public for my previous company BUT unfortunately we got too slow and had to shut-down. I want to continue working on the multimedia legal side of things and I love video so I thought this is something fun that I can do.

Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Jason WietholterRe: Trying to Start a Legal Video Deposition Company
by on May 29, 2009 at 8:31:11 pm

Hey Nim,

Send me an email at jwietholter --at-- opveon --dot-- com and let's discuss. I own Opveon Litigation Services and we do this stuff all the time. It's pretty intensive, but I know a lot of little tricks.

You are on the right track though.

Return to posts index

Nim DivinoRe: Trying to Start a Legal Video Deposition Company
by on May 30, 2009 at 10:49:32 am

Thank you so much.. You are THE perfect person to ask.. I'll email you in couple of days as I have wedding shoots this saturday and sunday.

Thank you once again, I can't wait to talk to you.

Nim Divino

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved