FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting with the right lens. Advice - Image inside

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max HuggettShooting with the right lens. Advice - Image inside
by on May 6, 2009 at 6:29:00 am

Hi Guys

I have a video shoot coming up in the next month and i have been doing some planning and i need some advice.

Firstly please look at the image

The 3 camera shoot, is an instructional video filmed inside a Gym.

The instructor (marked X on the floor plan) is on a mat, which they rarely step outside of. The background which is about 3m behind the instructor, is a brick wall, with a Wooden Frame and 3 pictures mounted to it. All of which, can not be removed.

I have been advised to light the BG separately to the talent. As the brick wall is quite lifeless, i have been advised to create some light shadows on the wall.

I have a key light that will light the talent from the right (next to camera 3) and a fill light to the left of camera 1.

Camera 2 will be on a dolly track, constantly moving and camera 3 will be tight on the subject.

Firstly does this look like it would be ok?

Secondly, my master camera, i am unsure as to what lens i should use for the shoot. From the image, i have setup in After Effects 4 cameras and each frames the subject differently. Can anyone advise of what the best lens to use for this setup is and why?

And if you know of any other pearls of wisdom, please let me know.

Thanks alot

Return to posts index

Max HuggettRe: Shooting with the right lens. Advice - Image inside
by on May 6, 2009 at 6:59:43 am

I forgot to mention that i will be shooting with 3 HDV canon A1's. I don't own any lenses and they will need to be rented. So any suggestions are welcome.

Return to posts index

Douglas VillalbaRe: Shooting with the right lens. Advice - Image inside
by on May 6, 2009 at 8:43:08 pm

Those cameras have a fixed 20X zoom lenses.

Douglas Villalba

G5 QUAD 4.5 GB RAM, Decklink HD Extreme, HVX200, FX1, A1 & HV20. Letus Extreme 35 mm adaptor, Rails, GlideCam

Return to posts index

John FishbackRe: Shooting with the right lens. Advice - Image inside
by on May 7, 2009 at 7:08:10 pm

Before your shoot, take one of the cameras into the gym, place someone at the speaker position and walk to each camera position and see if you can get the shoot you need. Then you know for sure. Whenever I scout a location I always take a camera to confirm I can get the shots I need.

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870
ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE Enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
24" TV-Logic Monitor
Final Cut Studio 2 (up to date)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved