FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nice little old ladys need video.

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anthony Bottini
Nice little old ladys need video.
on Apr 7, 2009 at 4:53:53 pm

Hi, I have just received a request by some, well, nice little old ladys who run a large non-profit organization and they want to record a local TV broadcast that they do for their organization and post it to youtube. Their plan is to then send that recording to me so that I can convert it to be put on the web. My only question here is what is the best way for them to get me a recorded copy of that broadcast? If I were there to help them, I would just hook up a capture card and record it that way - but I feel like they don't have access to much more than a VCR. Should they just record to a VHS tape, send it to me, and then I rent a deck to digitize that into my computer? This was my initial idea, anyone else have a better way to do this? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Nice little old ladys need video.
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:16:49 pm

Why don't you have them contact the TV station they aired on and have them get you a tape from the broadcaster? You will not get any better quality then that.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Anthony Bottini
on Apr 7, 2009 at 5:57:44 pm

yes, thanks Stephen, and I actually just sent them an email telling to try exactly that - its almost creepy that your email showed up as I was sending it to them. We're going to try that road, because its the most legit and seems like it should be pretty straight forward. I think this would be coming from the local news station - do you know what kind of tape format to typically expect that in? At that point, can I just go out and rent a deck to import the tape? Thanks again for your response.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:04:30 pm

You know what they say, great minds think alike. Usually the TV station will ask you what tape format you want it on but in most cases I've found that you will get it on BetaSP. One your client finds out they can get a tape I would contact their contact and see what options the station has available. I would bet that Beta SP or mini-DV will be your only option. But who knows, it never hurts to ask. Best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Salt Lake Video

Check out my DVD Money Making Graphics & Effects for Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Anthony Bottini
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:38:08 pm

Well, mini DV is what I would want, so that's good to hear that it might be a possibility. Thanks for the help buddy.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Apr 7, 2009 at 6:58:58 pm

They could also give you a DVD, rip that on your computer using the free mpeg streamclip app, process as needed, then send up to youtube. But doesn't youtube have a ten-minute limit to posted clips? Typically these kinds of showes run a half hour, you'd have to chop it up into three files each week...
See, these things always start OUT looking simple, but that's never the case...

Return to posts index

Anthony Bottini
on Apr 7, 2009 at 7:33:08 pm

Ha, yes, thanks I've already thought of that too. That's why I have already begun talking the client into just letting me transcode everything to flash and then just posting the flash videos on their website. Some of these organizations seem to be hung up on youtube videos - we'll see how they want to go. Thanks Mark.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]