FORUMS: list search recent posts

What type of chair for interview style shooting

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim perryWhat type of chair for interview style shooting
by on Feb 12, 2009 at 12:47:03 pm

What type of chair do you use for filming interviews in the studio? I need to order two chairs to update my studio. I was thinking directors chairs. This would be for non- location filming.
Thank You
Jim

Return to posts index

Bill DavisRe: What type of chair for interview style shooting
by on Feb 12, 2009 at 8:38:18 pm

Watch out for cheap directors chairs.

They tend to develop "motion squeaks" and a restless interviewee can create a symphony of annoying noises during an interview.

The best solution I've found is a fixed, padded backless barstool. It requires the interviewee to sit up straight. Make sure it doesn't swivel - another motion inducer that you don't need during an interview.

If you really do want the look of a directors chair - the ones from Hollywood Chairs(.com) are outstanding.

They are NOT cheap, but they're amazingly comfortable and in my experience - virtually silent no matter how much someone squirms around in them.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: What type of chair for interview style shooting
by on Feb 13, 2009 at 9:55:09 pm

If the chairs are okay to be seen, sled-type chairs, with or without arms. No casters, no swivels. In some cases you want the chair to be almost invisible, armless stool type with a narrow back is good for this. I like to have backs on the chairs to keep talent from slumping over time.

Still photogs have special posing chairs, check out catalogs.

But no swivels, ever.

Return to posts index

Leslie NelsonRe: What type of chair for interview style shooting
by on Mar 5, 2009 at 6:17:41 pm

As a marketing professional, I would think the chairs you have within your studio would reflect the mood that suits the bulk of the kind of work that you do. If you need warm looks and you are shooting women for the healthcare industry, perhaps a more formal backed chair in a neutral color would be better, if you are shooting high tech, seek out a solution that is comfortable, quiet and sleek, but with a modern look.

Leslie Nelson

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]