FORUMS: list search recent posts

Interactive Videos

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David YowellInteractive Videos
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 1:08:05 am

I have several instructional videos. I would like to present them in an interactive way. I would like to have a main screen with icons and labels of each video. Also, I want it to play full screen without using Windows Media Player. Also, the player would allow the viewer to fast forward, rewind, go back to the main menu, etc. Can someone please tell me the names of some programs that will allow me to do this? I am a novice at this so if someone has a better way for me to present this information, please feel free to let me know. Thanks in advance for the help.

Return to posts index

Mike SmithRe: Interactive Videos
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 11:30:59 am

Flash ...

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Interactive Videos
by on Feb 11, 2009 at 2:30:49 pm

Or you could just author chapters in a DVD, the menu would give you direct access to each chapter, and you just use the DVD remote for the rewind, slo-mo, still, loop, etc. I think this would be easier and faster to do than Flash. Simple chapter menus are something you can do in even the most elementary DVD programs like iMovie, which comes free with a mac, or the PC equivalent, whatever that is.

Return to posts index

Kyle LaufRe: Interactive Videos
by on Feb 12, 2009 at 7:08:15 am

I agree that a simple DVD with menu and chapters is the way to go. The programs we use are Avid Liquid for video edit, and Sony DVD Architect Studio for Authoring.

KURULA Media / Documentaries & DVD
Johannesburg, South Africa

Return to posts index

Robert SaariRe: Interactive Videos
by on Feb 20, 2009 at 3:40:39 pm

It depends on your delivery method. If it will be web-based, then Flash is the way to go. If you're distributing via Disk, then I agree a DVD with menus and chapters is the way to go. The only DVD Authoring tool I've used is Adobe Encore DVD.

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved