FORUMS: list search recent posts

remote control

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bandyremote control
by on Jan 6, 2009 at 6:17:31 am

Does anyone know of any programs that allow you to control your computer remotely? It would be nice to be able to run jobs compress mpegs and flash files ect. from home by remotely controlling my editing system at the office. I know there is "log me in" but someone has to be on the other end to enter a code to grant the remote user access to the computer.

Return to posts index

Fernando MolRe: remote control
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 2:52:05 am

Just half an hour ago a friend of mine accessed his office computer from a laptop.

Nobody was in the other side and he was using Log me in. Actually, he was showing me that software. Maybe there is a preference or something.

Return to posts index

Joe BandyRe: remote control
by on Jan 22, 2009 at 10:31:06 pm

Do you know which version he was using? I also heard from someone else today that Log Me In Pro allows you to hear audio as well as see the video. Which would be great if any minor editing was required.

Return to posts index

Nathan McClendonRe: remote control
by on Jan 26, 2009 at 8:20:13 pm

I'm on a mac and use ichat all the time. Get chax for ichat and set up a screen name for you work computer and use chax to automatically accept screen sharing from your personal screen name. I use this to access my work computer from home to check on compressor and final cut. No audio but it works good for me.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved