FORUMS: list search recent posts

Canon J11ex4.5BIRSE or Fuji A13x4.5BERM?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steven matthewsCanon J11ex4.5BIRSE or Fuji A13x4.5BERM?
by on Nov 19, 2008 at 5:53:33 pm

I would like to buy a wide lens for my Panny SDX900 as I always seem to be wedged in some lab trying to fit-in all 6 inventors with their contraption, etc, etc!

As a stills photog, very recently moved to videography, I really know nothing of what's available. After days of BIRSE, BIASE, BERM & BERD fatigue, I have narrowed the choice down to two lenses, but now I could really use your wise eyes to scan the offerings for me.

I would absolutely love your input as I am now drained:
Canon J11ex4.5B IRSE or Fujinon A13x4.5B ERM.

Many thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Canon J11ex4.5BIRSE or Fuji A13x4.5BERM?
by on Nov 20, 2008 at 8:25:00 pm

I adore the Canon lenses as a rule, and generally dislike the Fujis, which usually are cheaper, but in past years have been harder for us to get serviced than Canon. Generally I find when a vendor bundles the glass with the camera body, they go with Fujinon. That said, I saw a demo of JVC's new HDV camcorder which had a very impressive Fujinon lens on it. I think the gap has closed quite a bit, neither maker is a stinker. Might boil down to cost and if you have a good service place for it available in your area. generally, you can't afford a long wait to get the lens back from servicing.

Return to posts index

Bill ParisRe: Canon J11ex4.5BIRSE or Fuji A13x4.5BERM?
by on Nov 22, 2008 at 7:37:54 am

I own the Fuji 4.5 X 13 HD lens and love it. I used to be a Canon only guy, but have changed my tune. The new fujinon HD Lenses are great! The Canon lenses are also great...... I think at this point in time it comes down to price. Both lenses will get the job done extremely well.

Bill Paris
Director of Photography
Crew Hawaii Television

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved