FORUMS: list search recent posts

File Archiving

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean BrennanFile Archiving
by on Aug 29, 2008 at 2:11:08 pm

Quick question. The majority of my work is now done using a tapeless workflow. I was wondering what others are using for Archiving projects and media. Also do you archive the final video or do you archive all associated media and project file with the final video? Is there any recommended software for archiving video files or projects?

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks for all your help!

Return to posts index

David RichterRe: File Archiving
by on Sep 1, 2008 at 3:43:13 am

Welcome to my #1 issue with tapeless workflow. I personally would pay extra for a digital camera that had the option to send to tape as well as P2. Anyway, I digress. It all really depends on how big your project is and how much of the original footage you think you may need in the future. We used to back everything up to DVD's until the HD era. Now everything is backed up to tape. To minimize the storage footprint we typically start off making a clip library of the footage and ditching the stuff we know we can't use. After that, pretty much everything is backed up.

I don't really have any particular tape system that I am really fond of. My only advice there is make two copies. Sometimes those tapes break and that 2nd copy has saved my arse many a time.

Richter Studios

Corporate Video Production | Interactive CD-DVD | Presentation Services

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved