FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap labor!

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dean BrennanCheap labor!
by on May 21, 2008 at 7:17:32 pm

I just saw this ad in the Austin, TX craigslist under the job postings. I find it funny that someone has to import, edit, transcode, author a DVD....for $25!!!! It is a simple job, yes. But $25???

"I'm interested in finding someone who can make an i-movie for me. I've done this myself twice, but I'm a novice and want someone with a wee bit more experience. I've filmed it just needs to be uploaded and edited. This movie would have to be completed by Monday, May 26, 2008 by noon. It needs to have a simple menu, play on a DVD player, have audio and titles. Please e-mail me with questions. I have an example of what I want. Since I'm an educator, I can't offer you a lot of money, but am willing to pay $25 and you may use me as a reference. This is a great opportunity for those individuals wanting to build their professional portfolios. Hopefully, you can help out a teacher :-)"

What do you all think?

Return to posts index

John BaumchenRe: Cheap labor!
by on May 29, 2008 at 1:33:36 pm

Gee, sounds like a career launching opportunity!!

Return to posts index

Tom NelsonRe: Cheap labor!
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 7:17:51 pm

If the job is for the school, invoice it for what you're worth and have the school cut you a check - then donate the time to the school by putting the check back in their name. So, if you work on your own system for 100 bucks an hour, you can bill 10 hours on it, and write off a grand on your taxes. Sure, it's not like you're actually making a thousand dollars, but it's better than that 25. And you've got the check to submit for taxes at the end of the year.

If it's an hour of footage of the guy's 5-year-old prancing around in a tutu, then too bad. Unless the kid is his son. Then, take the job and the 25 bucks, and post it on YouTube so we can all see it.

Tom Nelson
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

Bob LangeRe: Cheap labor!
by on Jun 25, 2008 at 10:01:34 pm

What you have there sir, is what we refer to as a "Dead Raccoon".

Livin'the dream in the American southwest.

"When the goin gets weird the weird turn pro"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved