FORUMS: list search recent posts

Want to avoid technical issues overseas

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom NelsonWant to avoid technical issues overseas
by on Apr 8, 2008 at 5:45:04 pm

I'm traveling to the UK with my company's DVX100 - I'm a bit concerned about the cycling rate of the lights I'm renting. I'm sure some of you have had a successful trip to Europe while still shooting NTSC, right?

Tom Nelson
Essex Television Group

Return to posts index

Paul ThurstonRe: Want to avoid technical issues overseas
by on Apr 11, 2008 at 3:57:56 pm

Hi Tom,

The electrical power in the UK is 220V 50Hz. So your light will need a lamp that works with 220V 50Hz.

You'll also need to stop by a local hardware store to get the right type of electrical plug.


Paul Thurston
Producer - Director of Photography

Return to posts index

John SutherlandRe: Want to avoid technical issues overseas
by on Apr 14, 2008 at 2:25:59 am

It's been awhile but I remember needing to set the shutter to compensate for the flicker. 1/50th? Or was that just with florescent lights? I was in Italy last November with my DSR-450 shooting a conference, and there were no problems with stage lighting. Who are you renting lights from and what country are you shooting in? I would consult them, or if you have a major rental house in your area (like Rule Broadcast in Boston) I would call them.

On another note, how much gear are you bringing with you? An HVX-200 may fly under the radar, but if you're bringing light kit, audio kit, and a fair amount of gear, you may want to get a carnet. It makes getting gear in and out of foreign countries pretty easy.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved