FORUMS: list search recent posts

mounting options for pd170

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wayne Grauelmounting options for pd170
by on Mar 21, 2008 at 5:32:11 pm

I'm migrating from using a DSR 390 for certain industrial applications to a smaller pd170
so.. why not use it for events too. it looks like the low light capabilities are not too bad. Obviously I've got to deal with limited iris adjustments and some other limitations.

One of the biggest i see is going to be lighting and audio.

On a large camera you can tap everything from the anton power mounts and the power taps on the camera. and stack as many full size UHF receivers as you like.

Does anyone have any suggestion on how you mount stuff to a smaller camera like this.

ALso. lighting.. I'm seriously thinking of an LED solution. But forget that VIDLED.. might be great for girls gone wild, but I'm more interested in something that offers difusion and a 40 degree angle does nto cut it for event work in my book.

anyone have any experience with the varizoom, sony, or anton bauer systems ( or others I might not know about.

So, what are the ergonomics of the 170 by the time you add batteries for an led light ( preferable under the camera ) and a uhf Receiver?

I like the anton bauer system.. mounting the LION battery under the camera.. but other companies have good ideas too, so I'm looking for some real world feedback

Thanks for any input

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved