FORUMS: list search recent posts

Ikegami HL-DV7W

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh SniderIkegami HL-DV7W
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 8:20:48 am

Hi, I have a shoot later this week, and the client asked specifically for a DSR-400.

I found a guy who is offering to rent me an Ikegami HL-DV7W, which he says is comparable to the DSR-500.

I'd have to smooth over the alternative camera with the client--so does anyone have any thoughts on how the HL-DV7W compares with the DSR-500, or the 400?

Thanks, Josh

Return to posts index

Michael ParisRe: Ikegami HL-DV7W
by on Jan 22, 2008 at 6:31:36 pm

The person you have been speaking to is correct. The HL-DV7W is very similar to the DSR-500. The recording section for the Ikegami is made for Ikegami by Sony (as far as I know). Both are DVCAM. Many feel the Ike has a better picture than the Sony. Roger Macie has a write up on the HL-DV7W on his site if your client is familiar with him.

An important difference between the DSR-400 and 500 is that the DSR-400 is 4:3 only. The DSR-500 is 16:9, 4:3 switchable (as is the Ike). You'll loose a little on the wide end of the zoom if you shoot with 4:3 on the Ike HL-DV7W or DSR-500.

Unless your client has a thing for Sony, the Ike will perform up to his expectations picture wise.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved