FORUMS: list search recent posts

Z1U or HD110U

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cadge31
Z1U or HD110U
on Aug 27, 2007 at 1:54:51 pm

I am on the cusp of purchasing a new HDV camera. I know most people recommend the HVX200, but the P2 cards are out of the question for my needs.

I am torn between the Sony Z1U and the JVC HD100U. Overall, I really like the features of the JVC, but I am concerned about it being 720 instead of 1080. Is this a big enough issue for me to be concerned with? Also I don't think the JVC can downconvert on the fly to SD like the Sony can. Also to take into consideration is which camera is more compatible with a PC Adobe Production Suite system?

Right now, I have a VX2000 as my primary camera. I would think that my comfort level would be higher with the Z1U, as I am sure it's more similar to the VX2000 than the JVC. Obviously the JVC is a shoulder-mounted camera, which is a big difference.

Basically, what do you people recommend between these two cameras? The Sony Z1U, or the JVC HD100U?

-Aaron

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
Re: Z1U or HD110U
on Aug 27, 2007 at 11:18:43 pm

This was just answered in the Cinematography forum you just posted in.

http://forums.creativecow.net/viewforum/54

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

Marco Solorio
on Aug 27, 2007 at 11:25:38 pm

Edit: I meant the Indie Film & Documentary forum, but it looks like Leo covered it in the Cinematography forum that I linked to. Indie Forum:

http://forums.creativecow.net/viewforum/99

Marco Solorio | CreativeCow Host | OneRiver Media | Codec Resource Site | Cinesoft | Media Batch

Return to posts index

cadge31
on Aug 28, 2007 at 1:52:36 am

Well, I posted it in multiple forums, because in some forums posts go for days and days without repsonses.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]