FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macbook Pro for editing, etc...?

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian DuganMacbook Pro for editing, etc...?
by on Aug 16, 2007 at 1:33:33 am

Anyone have thoughts on working on a new intel 17" Macbook Pro with 4 gigs of ram, 160 gig HD and 7200 rpm processor?

I am hoping/planning on moving from an older G5 tower to a more mobile situation.
What are the upsides and downsides?

I will be using Premiere Pro, After Effects, Maya and Photoshop.
Most of my work is short format under 5 minute pieces but maybe a possible longer piece here and there. All for DVD and web delivery.

Return to posts index

anthemwakeRe: Macbook Pro for editing, etc...?
by on Aug 30, 2007 at 7:46:57 pm

I use a 15" with less impressive stats (RAM, Hard Drive) and it works fine for me. I use a tricked out Mac Pro at work, and of course, it's better, but my MBP works great. If I couldn't have both a desktop and a laptop, I'd go with the MBP for sure. I would stick to a 15" if I were you, though. The 17" is HUGE and kind of takes away from the mobility standpoint. The only reason I would say get the 17" is if you really want to use Color.

Return to posts index

Brian DuganRe: Macbook Pro for editing, etc...?
by on Aug 30, 2007 at 9:24:25 pm

At the 11th hour (yesterday) I went with a 24" iMac. Just couldn't pass up the large screen for actually a little less than the laptop. Just set it up today and it is very powerful compared to my older G5 Pro Tower. I have a 12" macbook that'll have to do for any traveling I'll do.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved