FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shoot crews wanted

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave BoothShoot crews wanted
by on Apr 23, 2007 at 1:51:16 am

Hi. I'm an independent producer in the Toronto, Canada area (Kitchener, Ontario to be specific) and I need to hire some US crews.

In the next few weeks, I'll be looking to for a small HD camera crew in New York City (most likely May 15-16th), Seattle and San Francisco for a couple of days of shooting. We'll be doing some sit-down talking head interviews in front of portable green-screens followed by some b-roll gathering with some regional icon shots. Ideally, I'd like the crew to shoot with a Sony Z1U in 1080i HDV. They'll be responsible for setting up and lighting a proper chromakey green background on location. I personally like working with Chimeras for this type of work. In any case, I'll fill in all of the details when we make contact. I'll be directing and conducting the interviews and I'll also have along my own audio director to monitor sound quality.

If you or someone you would be confident to recommend is interested in this work, email me directly at Please respond promptly as the bookings are coming up quickly.

Dave Booth
Producer, Cut To The Chase
for Fred Smith Studio
Kitchener, Ontario Canada

Return to posts index

Del HolfordRe: Shoot crews wanted
by on Apr 25, 2007 at 1:36:49 pm

You might want to re-post in HDV forum. Most US shooters for hire use true HD cameras like the Panasonic VariCam and Sony HDCam. You might also want to check with Crews Control for help.

fire*, smoke*, photoshopCS2
Charlotte Public Television

Return to posts index

epontiusRe: Shoot crews wanted
by on Apr 30, 2007 at 5:58:34 pm

HDV camera like Sony's are showing up in more crew's bags these days from customer demand. We've booked crews through Crews Control in the past with Sony's HDV camera.
That being said, you're money might be better spent on hiring crews with HDcam or DVCproHD cameras since these are greenscreen shoots. HDV has inherent problems with chromakeying because of the mpeg2 compression and chroma subsampling. You'll spend a lot of time in post trying to clean it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved