FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to create timeline to graphicly explain events in 5 min surveillance video.

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David NotowitzNeed to create timeline to graphicly explain events in 5 min surveillance video.
by on Mar 13, 2007 at 5:14:19 am

I'm looking for a software tool for my mac osX that can help me create a timeline to graphicly explain 5 minutes of a video, so that I can label a number of events during that 5 minutes in different colors. It would be a bit like a historical timeline, but over a 5 minute period. Anyone do this before?

What software is best?

Notowitz Productions
Videos that touch the heart.
http://www.notowitz.com

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Need to create timeline to graphicly explain events in 5 min surveillance video.
by on Mar 16, 2007 at 3:35:18 pm

Can you elaborate a little more on what you want it to look like?
Do you mean you want the video on the TV to be shown for example inside a color-coded frame? Or do you want to create a literal timeline on the TV screen with frames of video marking key points?
Or perhaps have the video on half the screen, and a map with moving dots on the other, showing where people are going in synch with the video? The more detailed your explanation of what you want to see in the end product, the better suggestions we can offer on how to do it.

Return to posts index

Nick GriffinRe: Need to create timeline to graphicly explain events in 5 min surveillance video.
by on Mar 16, 2007 at 6:08:48 pm

I agree with Mark (as usual). What are you trying to accomplish? From first reading I thought you were asking how to depict the video in PRINT with frame shots referenced along a timeline. Mark got the impression that you want to explain the video with additional video. Which is it?

Return to posts index

epontiusRe: Need to create timeline to graphicly explain events in 5 min surveillance video.
by on Mar 17, 2007 at 11:30:49 pm

Try Adobe After Effects. You could add labels, stop footage, all sorts of things.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]