FORUMS: list search recent posts

New HVX200 Large Price Range

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott allmanNew HVX200 Large Price Range
by on Feb 12, 2007 at 1:39:38 pm

I am considering changing formats and purchasing an HVX200 and I've noticed a hige range of prices. Going from list price down to below $2000.00 for a new in box rig. The low end of the scale looks mighty attractive, but these cameras are coming from large suppliers with 800 phone numbers. Can anyone enlighten me on why there is such a large range and what I need to be aware of if I purchase from someone who is selling at such a low price. What is the catch? And what will I be missing? And also what questions should I be asking.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Scott Allman

Return to posts index

GregRe: New HVX200 Large Price Range
by on Feb 13, 2007 at 3:58:51 am

the catch is that lower than low prices are too good to be true. You'll probably neever receive the camera.

Return to posts index

Jon ZanoneRe: New HVX200 Large Price Range
by on Feb 20, 2007 at 12:15:03 pm

If it's a large company like B&H, it's a pretty safe bet they are buying in volume. I've never had a problem with them, but I've never expected any customer support (as opposed to customer service), either. Do a little research on the company. See what others are saying about thier policies. Be on the lookout for grey-market cameras as well. These are cameras not intended for the US market, and you may have problems getting it repaired.

"The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess. But He's pretty sure you're F%$#*D!"

Return to posts index

almarrobRe: New HVX200 Large Price Range
by on Mar 1, 2007 at 4:27:55 pm

try They are a very good resource for finding legitimate vendors. You will read some real nightmares about offers that are too good to be true.

Return to posts index

jimRe: New HVX200 Large Price Range
by on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:26:44 am

I haven't bought an HVX200, but my experience with the very low price folks on other equipment is something like this:

".......Thank you for your credit-card number. While I am verifying that.... yes, it is in stock and available now. But those packages include the filter/tripod/accessory kit valued at $2200 and only adds $1700 to your price. ...a savings of another $500 for you. Shipping and handling only add another $179."

When you tell them you ONLY want the camera, then its:

"The packages with just the camera take a little longer. I will send you a card in four to six weeks with a more specific ship date." (At this point, he's really telling you he'll never sell you just the camera. He's hoping you'll buy the package or cancel your order.)

I like B&H. If you prefer to buy elsewhere, use B&H for a comparison price. You might be able to spend time shopping around and find just as good a deal for a few dollars less (maybe 3-4%), but then again you may just waste your time, wind up with a 4-month ship schedule, or get gray-market goods. With B&H you'll have exactly what you ordered in a few days or less and they have always made things right if there was any problem.

Mom was right - If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved