FORUMS: list search recent posts

Billing software

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
HammerdownBilling software
by on Dec 1, 2006 at 9:01:52 pm

Looking for a billing software for our inhouse corp Communications Department. Currently we use a spreadsheet and are looking for something new and better organized. We mostly bill back in house. Our team is comprised of 5 Videographer / Editors, 2 Writers, and 4 graphic artist. We are looking for something that can track project status, Send invoices, generate reports and various other task such as these. Anyone with any recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Return to posts index

Vincent BecquiotRe: Billing software
by on Dec 3, 2006 at 4:01:45 am

Quickbooks ?

Return to posts index

mmfarmsRe: Billing software
by on Dec 3, 2006 at 5:52:28 am

We have used Quickbooks for years - intuitive, easy to use.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Billing software
by on Dec 4, 2006 at 8:14:16 pm

What HARPO and the BBC use is a modular system called "Schedu-All". You can buy just the components you want or the whole suite, they talk to each other, so for example the facility scheduling suite and the library/assets tracking suite talk to the billing suite and automate a lot of the busywork of running a facility. The library module was particularly atractive: generates bar codes for every element then tracks them in and out of the library, while keeping a tab running for editing use and billing, even tracking copyright info. If you want to take a certain tape out, the computer will automatically flag it as unavailable if it is also going to be in use in an edit suite that day... and tell you when and where you can get it later. It will tell you who took it out last and when, so you know where to look if it's still somehow been checked back in but is not where it is supposed to be. We looked at this setup some time ago for our operation, but the folks upstairs balked at the stiff price and they just stayed with a basic spreadsheet type system. The costs may be easier to bear if you just buy the module(s) you need and work your way up to the full system. Last I looked at this was a couple years back, so I don;t have recent info on price.

Return to posts index

HammerdownRe: Billing software
by on Dec 6, 2006 at 3:45:40 am

sounds like it could be a little pricy if they are using it. Ill do a google and see where it get me for pricing. Thanks for the info

Return to posts index

StevenBradfordRe: Billing software
by on Dec 17, 2006 at 4:49:13 am

At the last NAB I found a very interesting package called StudioSuite 8. It was a little more than we needed just for equipment tracking, as it also does billind rates, facility booking etc etc. I'm pretty sure it was less than US$1000.

Steven Bradford
School of Film, Video, Visual Effects
Collins College
Tempe Arizona

Return to posts index

Ron LindeboomRe: Billing software
by on Dec 17, 2006 at 2:10:59 pm

Hi Steven,

It's an honor to have you popping into the Cow. I remember well your Bluescreening page back in the mid-90s and it was easily the best one on the Net. I can only imagine the incredible number of hits it's taken over the years as I have seen it pointed to far too many times to count over the years.

Thanks for joining the Cow and incase you are not aware of it, we have a free magazine and if you swing by and sign up in the new couple of days, you will be in on time to get a free mailed copy of the new one we are finishing up right now.

Best regards,

Ron Lindeboom

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved