FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG-2 encoding for Alcorn McBride DMV2 (DMV7400) playback

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
RoRKMPEG-2 encoding for Alcorn McBride DMV2 (DMV7400) playback
by on Oct 21, 2006 at 4:35:05 am

Hi All
I've got an editing and encoding job where the completed presentation has to be played back from an Alcorn McBride DMV7400. I've been ProCoder 2 without much success. There is some artefacting during playback - stray pixels appear and do a sporadic, jiggly dance on the screen. Things look fine during playback on the computer and other devices.

There seems to be some voodoo with the playback device that I just can't seem to get around.

Production flow starts from Premiere and then to Procoder to output an M2P file. I then bring the exported QuickTime movie into Procoder for encoding into MPEG-2 at 10Mbits - the DVM supports up to 15Mbits.

Has anyone had any experience, successful ones, with encoding video for this device?

Return to posts index

Vincent BecquiotRe: MPEG-2 encoding for Alcorn McBride DMV2 (DMV7400) playback
by on Oct 23, 2006 at 6:19:16 am

As much as I love Procoder, it's given me problems in the past, even with DVD authoring software.

Not sure what version of Premiere you have, but I would try encoding to Mpeg2 directly from there, unless you have an issue with Mainconcept.

There could also be issue between the Quicktime (animation?) codec and Procoder as well, that's being past on the the Procoder export.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved