FORUMS: list search recent posts

maximum video cable length

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nikolausmaximum video cable length
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 9:08:21 am

Hi Guys

I was wondering whether you can help me shed some light on this issue.
We got to set up some gear for corporate role play trainnig:

A camera filming the delegate playing out a situation with a facilitator. At the same time the camera has got to be linked to a TV 30m away. The camera has got one fo these little miniJack AV outputs. I am wondering what will arrive at the TV if anything at all if we make up a 30m cable (or 3, Stereo Audio and Video).

Or is there a better way?

Nik C

Return to posts index

tony salgadoRe: maximum video cable length
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 4:09:39 pm

30m= about 90 ft so no problem sending video or audio down that length.

However finding rca cables in that length without having them custom made will be the challange.

So you may find it cheaper to use adapters from rca to bnc and back again for the video as well as rca to xlr and back again for the audio.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: maximum video cable length
by on Sep 19, 2006 at 4:10:35 pm

It won't be pretty, but yes I believe you'd have something on the other end. Good enough for what you're trying to do, maybe not broadcast quality. It somewhat depends on the quality of the BNC cable you use if we're talking analog composite or analog RF (the worst case). You also might want to invest a few bucks at Radio Shack for a Distribution Amplifier (a "D.A.") which will boost the signal out from the camera and let you run cable farther.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved