FORUMS: list search recent posts

New Plasma Screens At Work

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
trunkypNew Plasma Screens At Work
by on Jul 13, 2006 at 1:48:21 pm

Dear Cow Members,
We are soon to be getting some plasma screens at work. I have been asked to create the content that is going to be played daily on them.
I want to be able to incorporate animations, text, video and such - like what you see at airports with animated adverts, flight information etc.

What is the best way of approaching this?
Do i do all the content like animations and video in my Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas and then render it to put in a Powerpoint presentation or is there a better program/way to do it.
The content will need to be changed once a week?

Finally, the presentation i saw on the plasma at the airport showed the time every so often - is this easy to do.

Thanks for reading and i hope you can help

Return to posts index

Michael D. BrownRe: New Plasma Screens At Work
by on Jul 13, 2006 at 4:34:48 pm

You might consider digital signage software such as Scala or Infocaster for this, although I have no firsthand experience with either. I believe Infocaster is based on Inscriber, a pretty good CG, IMHO.

Mike Brown
Video/Film Producer
American Heart Association

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: New Plasma Screens At Work
by on Jul 13, 2006 at 6:04:09 pm

I agree, digital signage solutions are the way to go to achieve what you want. Some allow you to choose a screen layout where designated portions of the screen/plasma are reserved for, eg. ticker tape live feed, live clock, video playback, etc. There are cheap and expensive solutions and most of the software are tied to proprietary hardware solutions, from the main server to each playback station. Most run via CAT5 Networking so cabling is cheap.

The initial design and setup would be the most time-consuming, but once the thing runs based on a playlist, updating or modifying the playlist daily or weekly as the case may be, is a breeze. Just do a google for 'digital signage' and if you are familiar with Canopus stuff, they have their Media Edge which is one option which is reasonably priced, or so I understand.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

trunkypRe: New Plasma Screens At Work
by on Jul 14, 2006 at 7:31:46 am

Thats great information guys. I'm already on the case checking out digital signage stuff.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved