FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a solution.....

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Elvgren
Looking for a solution.....
on Jul 5, 2006 at 1:05:12 pm

Hello,
I have 3 Hitachi 4000's and am trying to figure out how to run them over fiber without having to change out the backs on the cameras to fiber backs. They are currently triax backs. Telecast doesn't seem to make a good solution. I am trying to use the same 3 cameras at a different location from our current studio and will have to convert to fiber to get the signals back and forth. But I still want power to cameras/tally/com to go back through other fibers. Buying CCU's for the remote location (along with a fiber converter frame)seems to be the only answer, but that is a bit more $$$ than I would like to spend. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Erik

Return to posts index

tony salgado
Re: Looking for a solution.....
on Jul 7, 2006 at 1:43:07 am

Telecast does make a triax to fibre adapter. Sorry I don't know the model number but it is intended for applications where you need to combine triax and fiber systems together.

Check out their website for more info.

Tony Salgado

Return to posts index

Erik Elvgren
on Jul 7, 2006 at 5:59:23 pm

Actually,
Telecast makes a fiber-triax adapter for Sony and Ikegami cameras only....NOT Hitachi. We bought the cameras when they told our systems integrator that they thought they would come out with it, and now say it isn't going to happen. So we got hosed by telecast. They make a product called "copperhead" that can do the change so long as I spend 20K per camera refitting them with fiber backs...and then I pay for the copperhead units too. I wish now I had the Sony cameras instead. That is why I am looking for alternatives.....
Erik

Return to posts index

Erik Elvgren
on Jul 7, 2006 at 6:53:08 pm

You are correct, but not one that will also carry comm/power/tally/return video except on specific models of Sony and Ikegami cameras....

Erik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]