FORUMS: list search recent posts

Shooting Interviews in boring environment

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave BoampongShooting Interviews in boring environment
by on Feb 13, 2006 at 8:41:23 pm

I am starting a corporate video on Friday and have to shoot a few interviews. Unfortunately the interviewees are sitting in front of a large window looking at trees. It is most boring. This is the only location I will have to shoot the interviews. Is there anything I can do to spice up the location? I am shooting Mini DV (PD 150)

Return to posts index

ChxeditorRe: Shooting Interviews in boring environment
by on Feb 14, 2006 at 8:51:02 pm

well there's always blue-screen, so you can change out the BG to whatever you want.

or, in post, you could do split screens of the same bites but doctor up some of the images, like make it grainy, B & W, color tints, etc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Shooting Interviews in boring environment
by on Feb 15, 2006 at 9:39:48 pm

Answered same post in the other forum, gave several tips.

Return to posts index

nleonidasRe: Shooting Interviews in boring environment
by on Feb 16, 2006 at 6:16:43 pm

I would use the current background and just change the angle of the camera.

Shot over head or under up on the subject. Try different angles views,
go from a close up to a medium to an extreme. change it up a little..

hope this helps

nectarios leonidas
film | video | web

Return to posts index

Marc RolphRe: Shooting Interviews in boring environment
by on Feb 21, 2006 at 7:04:33 pm

I dont' think I would consider a window background with trees boring. That's better than a blank wall, or maybe better than a bunch of books.

This shot will all be determined by the sunlight outside, and what kind of lights you are using inside. It would be best if you could use HMI, and match the lighting indoors with the sunlight outside. This would give you the best background. If you could time your shoots to when the tree is being backlit or sidelit, that would look nice, plus would give you some seperation with your subject.

Of course changing the angles of each interview would be important, so that they don't all look the same.

Another quickfix would be to set up some sort of background, and attach it to the wall over the window. Then you could throw different lights on the background, maybe a colored sheet, that would give you an infinite amount of possibilities.

Marc Rolph
Mississippi State University

"If you chase two rabbits, both will get away."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved