FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multi-Screen Presentation Question

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beachtvMulti-Screen Presentation Question
by on Aug 22, 2005 at 12:16:35 pm

I have a client that wants to do the following. First, create a 4800 x 480 PowerPoint presentation consisting of text, graphics, still images, and video. Then display it horizontally on four 50" Marantz plasma HD monitors.

Any suggestion on the hardware (and software) needed to pull this off? It will be running as a loop in a trade show.

Return to posts index

Matt HallRe: Multi-Screen Presentation Question
by on Aug 23, 2005 at 2:22:43 pm

The trick to doing this is synchonizing all four screens. That means either mutiple computers linked together or one computer with multple outputs. You could look into buying a video card for a pc that has multiple monitor outputs. Here's an example of a video card with three outputs:

but i would question using powerpoint to do this. I have done this using either synchonized dvds (one dvd per plasma) or a system called watchout which synchonizes multiple pcs and allows you to move items from one screen to another, etc. watchout is great but expensive, about $1500 per pc license last time i looked. it also has a pretty steep learning curve. the dvd route is easier, but you need to be able to use an editing program, dvd authoring program, and maybe a graphics package like After Effects. There is a good thread below talking about it. you can also search for "multiple screens" here on the cow and get some good info.

If you do try the multple display video card approach I'd love to hear about your experience.

Good luck!

Matt Hall
Director, Digital Post
CCG MetaMedia, Inc.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Multi-Screen Presentation Question
by on Aug 23, 2005 at 9:52:52 pm

Ask about this in the live stage evernts forum, those guys work with this stuff all the time. The way your boss has presented the idea, I'm not sure it's workable. I would use arented video multiplexer specifically for video walls to place the playback across all the screens with correct positioning, etc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved