FORUMS: list search recent posts

6 Panel Video Wall

COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
highwaym6 Panel Video Wall
by on Jul 12, 2005 at 6:05:08 pm

Hi All,

I have a client that wants to display media on a 6 panel video wall. More specifically, 6 42" plasmas lined up horizontally. (essentially a 20' wide video banner) I would have to edit and combine pre-existing media to run on a 2-3 minute loop. Does anyone know the best way to approach this, and what software (ideally Mac based) I should use to compile and display this kind of project. Also, can I use FCP/AE in the workflow?

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Mike Russell

Return to posts index

Thomas LeongRe: 6 Panel Video Wall
by on Jul 13, 2005 at 7:50:09 am

Don't know of any Mac-based software that can do this. Two PC-based software though -
Wings Platinum (Module Version)

Both operate based on a Master PC controlling configuration, timeline, loops, and media splits/assignment to any number of display/slave PCs. With Wings, the Master can also be a slave for playback. With Watchout, Master remains as Master, and Slave Displays as slave displays. This difference means one licence less for Wings versus Watchout. Each Master and slave(s) must have a licenced dongle in order to output through the graphics card of each respective PC, or for the Master to 'talk' to the slaves.

A shareware version that plays media from a filelist to multiple displays is Syncmaker Pro

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved