COW Forums : Corporate Video

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd George
video for science project part 2: specs or name brands actually for a laptop
on Jun 1, 2005 at 2:39:48 pm

Hello all

thanks very much for the input from the first message I posted here

I need to get down to the nitty gritty now

in the first response Timothy wrote: Getting the footage from a laptop is no different than a land-based computer capture. Just make sure that you have plenty of battery power.

now I need to get an idea of tech specs for the laptop. My line of thinking is to get a laptop with an s-video out that can go directly into a deck as this will eliminate screen refresh rates and shutter speeds needing to be synched (as I do not think this situation has intended to bring a videographer along)

so any suggestions for a windows based laptop that will allow for video out without the need for a number of cables would be great

thank you again for your help here

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

galt
Re: video for science project part 2: specs or name brands actually for a laptop
by
on Jun 4, 2005 at 6:23:04 pm

The people who make SnagIt also make a video capture tool. I forget the name. No wires, no camera, it just captures your screen activity directly into an AVI or MPG file.

Return to posts index

Todd George
Re: video for science project part 2: specs or name brands actually for a laptop
on Jun 6, 2005 at 12:36:09 pm

Hello ALL

thank you for the response to this question. Unfortunately snagit has been considered and it is not an option as the software will actually affect the program which is linked to a timmed experiement (spelling?) and would influence the results so we think that the best solution is to have a laptop that runs windows and is either svideo out enabled or has some means of allowing us o tap in to the display without affecting the cpu

thank you for any additional ideas

Todd George
Instructional Media Services
John Carroll University
University Heights, OH 44118

Return to posts index

Tim Kolb
on Jun 15, 2005 at 12:52:21 am

I've used Camtasia (Snag It's video cousin) to actually capture my activities while editing video and it didn't affect playback...and if there's anything that will be timing dependent, it's video playback.

I'm guessing that the SVHS out will work, but make sure you have sufficient graphics card strength to drive all those displays. Centrinos and Celerons are all great for low power consumption, but they're usually under-configured for this type of thing.

TimK
Kolb Syverson Communications
Creative Cow Host
2004, 2005 NAB Post Production Conference Premiere Pro Technical Chair
Author, "The Easy Guide to Premiere Pro" http://www.focalpress.com
"Premiere Pro Fast Track DVD Series" http://www.classondemand.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]