FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any ideas on how to fix this footage?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ernest Rosado
Any ideas on how to fix this footage?
on May 30, 2018 at 9:36:52 am

I was given some event footage to edit (footage I didn't shoot), and it all came out with distortion like this: https://streamable.com/7tp2v

Any clue if it's possible to clean this up? And how I would even begin?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Any ideas on how to fix this footage?
on May 30, 2018 at 8:42:54 pm

I'd like to know what kind of camera/recording setup was used, in order to make a better diagnosis. At a glance, I'd guess the original footage *may* be okay, but it's gone thru a mis-step in the conversion process somewhere that's disrupted or mis-matched the color timing information.

It almost looks like an old tube type analog camera with a genlock/color phasing problem... but that's unlikely. Hopefully you still have access to camera originals.

Failing that, you may have to quickly get familiar with the folks in the FFmpeg and DSLR COW forums - ffMpeg may be able to perform a re-interpretation of the color information and encoding of your footage. Best chance is to get the shooter to re-send you their files, this time with proper formatting.

Return to posts index

Mike Cohen
on Aug 30, 2018 at 3:11:18 pm

I agree with Mark in that it reminds me of analog tape / bad sync problems. It also seems to be poorly compressed but the greenish artifacting could be a sync issue. Did you contact whoever shot this?

Return to posts index

Steve Weng
on Nov 21, 2018 at 6:05:49 pm

this looks like a bad recording media. could be the memory card or the tape used. or it could because of file compression if they are compressing the files and sending it to you online.

Toronto Wedding Videographer | Toronto Photobooth Rentals

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]