FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone using the gaffgun? (The gafe tape dispenser)

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve MetoyerAnyone using the gaffgun? (The gafe tape dispenser)
by on Sep 27, 2016 at 1:46:23 am

Is anyone here a one man band shooter like myself? I work weddings, church / corporate events often alone or with a small crew of 2-3 other shooters. I am always look for ways to be more productive on any set.

I came across the Gaffgun and thought it would be great on the sets I’m use to working. Unfortunately the high price put it at the bottom of my production wish list.

A engineer friend and I are looking into making our own gaffer gun. Does anyone have any experience with the Gaffgun? (good/bad?)

Would you fellow shooters find value in it if we could make a better one for a cheaper price?

What would make it better?
What would make the price reasonable?

Thanks in advance for your feedback,

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Anyone using the gaffgun? (The gafe tape dispenser)
by on Sep 27, 2016 at 2:27:01 pm

I pray to get one every time I go out to lay cables these days, but the cost *is* a little high. You're paying for convenience, and for the design work that came up with a reliable design configuration and handy features. The people that come up with a working gadget deserve to charge what they feel is right for the effort they made. That said, when Manfrotto charged too much for their "Fig Rig" ring-shaped stabilizer, I made my own out of a used bike rim and five bucks' worth of parts. If my knees get much worse, I'll probably cobble together a tape deployment stick out of a painter pole and roller or something.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved