FORUMS: list search recent posts

A Turnkey Setup for Shooting Wedding

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary GriffinA Turnkey Setup for Shooting Wedding
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 4:25:47 pm

Hello guys:

I'm looking at a turnkey solution for shooting video for an upcoming wedding. My budget is 2k - 2.5k max. I'd like to have a slider in the mix as well.

What does everyone recommend?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: A Turnkey Setup for Shooting Wedding
by on Aug 3, 2016 at 6:30:03 pm

Need more detail on the wedding, if it's traditional or whatever, the venue, and the expectations.

A generic wedding package IMO is a 3- camera deal, with two cameras in the pews getting audience POV wide and close-ups, a third camera behind the altar to get reversals, cut-aways and b-roll. This is usually a go pro or unmanned robot PTZ, hidden from sight. Optional 4th camera view (another GoPro) from the organ loft. Optional GoPro in the limo. The way I shoot, in traditional services, there is no place in the services to allow a jib, dolly, or slider. I wear a dark suit with slacks, not shorts and a black t-shirt. I blend in.

Audio includes tapping into the venue's sound system as well as planting a hidden, wireless lav and a digital audio recorder on the groom.

I would do a single-camera documentary style coverage of the rehearsal for an hour, also use that time to go over the Rules with the Officiant, and plan (and get approval for) the tripod locations. Shooting the rehearsal dinner is optional at additional cost. Day of the ceremony start coverage from one hour prior, thru the first two hours of the reception. Overtime after the 2 hours at reception. Reception coverage is single-camera with a go pro backup wide shot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved