FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video: Incredible Wedding Video

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ethan JonesVideo: Incredible Wedding Video
by on Dec 14, 2013 at 12:05:16 pm

Incredible Wedding VideoIncredible Wedding Video

My friend did this wedding video for my wife and I. He has always played around with videography but this was his first professional video. Personally, It blew me away. I just wanted to get some feedback from people who knew more than I did and maybe some stuff I could show my friend. Im no professional, but he seems to be a real talent. Thoughts comments? We welcome both good and bad:)

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Video: Incredible Wedding Video
by on Dec 16, 2013 at 9:27:51 pm

It's a pretty good cameraman demo reel, but as far as the edit, I like my narratives more linear, and for a wedding, I guess I'm stodgy, but I want to hear the actual vows and more actualities (sound bites) of the bride and groom and the service. I want to see the ring go on the finger, I want to hear the words. This is fun. glossy, and kinetic, but at the same time, the lack of bride and groom speech in it, and the fact that they don't have the majority of shots between them, makes it feel a bit impersonal and "outside" to me. I don't get a sense of the couple's personalities. But that's just one person's aesthetic; others may have different views.

Return to posts index

Peter GroomRe: Video: Incredible Wedding Video
by on Dec 25, 2013 at 9:15:55 pm

I'm pleased you like it and for a fun montage it's ok enough.
It doesn't really tell a story. Anyone can slap a track on top and do a pacy cut, but are you capable of recording the audio to actually provide wedding overage which might need to be an hour or more?
The audio I did hear was very poor.
Some f the shots were so brief I'd put them down as flash frames or missed edits mistakes.
Not over impressed here.
I've seen many a lot better

Post Production Dubbing Mixer

Return to posts index

Flor CastilloRe: Incredible Wedding Video
by on Dec 25, 2013 at 10:31:09 pm

pretty good video. What camera did ur friend used?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved