FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best set up for multi HDSLR cam live webast

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
greg buickBest set up for multi HDSLR cam live webast
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 1:02:25 pm

Hi I am a freelance videographer and I have been asked to film a live event using 2 camera angles, make a multi camera edit and stream the result Live in a webcast.

I have filmed events for this cliant before but not live and I have no experience with streaming.

Could you help me to figure out what equipment I would need and what my set up should look like?

At the moment I have two Nikon d750 cameras which have built in wifi would it be possible to use a portable 4G router to stream HD footage from the two cameras into fcpx and make a live multi cam edit and broadcast it direct to youtube streaming ?

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Greg buick

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Best set up for multi HDSLR cam live webast
by on Sep 22, 2015 at 3:41:09 pm

You can't use FCPX as a live switcher, if by "live" you mean in real time, as the event is unfolding. You would need a video switcher, either one purely hardware-based, like the Newtek Tricaster, (an all-in-one solution), or the crop of hybrid hardware/software switchers like the Black Magic ATEM, which borrows your editing computer and couples it to a hardware break-out or interface unit.

But if this is a one-off event, seriously, what a pro does is rent a switcher (an entire portable set-up for doing this is called a "fly-away package") and connect that to whatever device you desire for the streaming. You bill the client for the rental, plus a markup.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved