FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice required on what to buy? Investing in a 3 Camera Setup and Vision Mixer.

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Agnelo RodriguesAdvice required on what to buy? Investing in a 3 Camera Setup and Vision Mixer.
by on Jul 31, 2015 at 4:52:03 pm

This is my first post and I hope to get some help!

My Experience:
I have done a lot of wedding Videography (DSLR),however due to client requests need to invest into multi cam setup and live feed with recording (corporate/conference/stage events that kind of stuff. I do not have much experience in the entire setting up of this.

Question:
What are the Ideal Cameras and Vision mixer to invest in, for shooting live events. For recording continuous long footage, giving a live feed to a video Projector. Budgets per Camera is 5,000$ - 7,000$ for Vision Mixer about 5,000$.

As an investor I would consider constant changes in technology, hence preparing for 4K output capability and not only current HD/SDI outputs but also capable to output through network cables if the technology catches up. Also keep in mind issues like latency and any other issues that can come up.

Thanks in Advance!

Thanks and regards,
Rodrigues

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Advice required on what to buy? Investing in a 3 Camera Setup and Vision Mixer.
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 2:54:29 am

Two currently popular ways event guys approach this is with the Newtek Tricaster or the BlackMagic Designs ATEM system. The Tricaster is an all-in-one box that handles switching, effects, graphics, recording, editing, streaming, authoring. A TV station in a box, plug in the cameras and mics and go... The ATEM offers a lot of the same, but you piece it together from several components, and your own computer, whereas the tricaster is all in one box. Both systems have their fans.

I would recommend that you buy your system from a Value Added Reseller (VAR) with a solid reputation for service after the sale, especially if you're new to this, because you're going to need the extra support versus buying from a simple box shop.

Return to posts index

Agnelo RodriguesRe: Advice required on what to buy? Investing in a 3 Camera Setup and Vision Mixer.
by on Aug 1, 2015 at 4:13:53 am

Thanks Mark!

Thanks and regards,
Rodrigues

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]