FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting wedding DVDs made?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil OrmanGetting wedding DVDs made?
by on Jun 4, 2015 at 5:08:42 pm

Can anyone recommend the best service/route to get wedding DVDs made? I shot my first wedding and they only wanted to a few DVDs of it. I know how to author a DVD and print out a blank boring DVD myself, but of course wanted to give the bride something nicer with a designed DVD etc. And I've used an Amazon service called Create Space before. Is that the best method, or is there another one?
Thanks for any feedback here.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Getting wedding DVDs made?
by on Jun 4, 2015 at 7:23:29 pm

Why don't you make a fancier DVD yourself? There's tons of templated stuff you can customize with a few keystrokes and have a very acceptible looking "designed" looking product. MotionVFX and Digital Juice are just 2 of many places to get that stuff.

As for printing up fancy packaging for the disks, you could grab stills out of the video and use photoshop to make something quite spectacular yet classy, then have Vista Print or DiscMakers print up more.

In terms of authoring, again, stepping up your game to jazz up the menus is not really all that difficult, just takes a little experimentation and again, there are tons of templated menus and extras already in most DVD authoring packages to get you started.

Return to posts index

Neil OrmanRe: Getting wedding DVDs made?
by on Jun 4, 2015 at 8:57:12 pm

Much appreciated, Mark, that's a great help. I checked out Disc Makers, which seems like it will work just fine for making the physical DVD. And I'm planning to use DVD Studio Pro (I have FCP 7 Studio) to author the DVD. I'm hoping it will be pretty straightforward how to send Disc Makers my blank authored DVD and get them to print it with a design I make on their Web site. Just let me know if you or anyone else has experience with that kind of workflow, and any other potential hurdles.
Thanks again!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved