FORUMS: list search recent posts

advice needed for stage projection

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry Hilladvice needed for stage projection
by on May 24, 2015 at 8:49:09 am

I have bought an infocus wide angle projector with a stand. It has 3gb built in and is good in daylight conditions. I also have a circular stretchy cloth screen which I will be using around 8ft away somewhere on the stage, front projected, possibly from above if there is a ceiling cradle.

I have 10 or 12 short flv movies put together by a media friend to run alongside some of my music.

I have tried to put the movies onto a USB stick, and also loaded directly into the projector, but they display very jerkily.

Also, the onboard display menus don't allow for a continuous slideshow of images, but seem to insist on going back each time to a menu which can be seen on screen.

It sounds as if I need to use a computer to store the images and movies, but I need advice about the most efficient and effective way of doing this?

What is the best way of storing the materials so I can then project them to the screen via my projector? I need to be able to shift the order about sometimes when I change the set or introduce new items.

What is the best way of setting this up so I can control the images and videos from my performing space, possibly via bluetooth, but without having to trail long leads everywhere.

I am an 'apple' man, and would prefer to do this via OX.

Any advice you can give would be very welcome as there seem to be many ways to skin this vegeburger ....

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: advice needed for stage projection
by on May 28, 2015 at 12:34:19 pm

Apple TV and a playlist?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved