FORUMS: list search recent posts

First wedding video

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joseph CartwrightFirst wedding video
by on May 10, 2014 at 9:19:16 pm

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forum. I just started getting into shooting weddings. A couple months back I saw a wedding video done by stillmotion and was amazed that instead of just capturing a series of events, they were able to tell an engaging story. I was inspired to shoot one myself. So here is my first attempt:

I look forward to being involved in this community.

Return to posts index

John SummerfieldRe: First wedding video
by on May 23, 2014 at 4:16:14 am

A good first attempt. Best advice I can give you is to seek out and watch wedding films by quality companies and take notes. You'll improve quickly that way and develop your own style along the way.

John Summerfield

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: First wedding video
by on May 23, 2014 at 7:42:59 pm

Great job. Keep it up.

Still Motion has some workshops that you can attend. They don't film many weddings since they've been producing a lot of sport's programs for HBO and ESPN. They've hit the big time now.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
Video Marketing

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

Tim O'NeillRe: First wedding video
by on Jun 25, 2014 at 3:17:20 pm

Hi Joseph,
I am brand new here and in the same boat as you. Starting wedding videos and will have my first official shoot in about a month. Was just not pleased with a few things in the video we paid for, but knowing this I know I can improve.
I have been told to reference Joe Simon in Texas for his quality and practices. I hope I am not overstepping any boundaries by saying this. Just something another videographer pointed out to me.
Best of luck

Return to posts index

Ralph HajikRe: First wedding video
by on Jun 28, 2014 at 9:34:14 pm

Hi Joseph,

I have done a few weddings years ago and moved onto better things as Travel photography and videography. What are you using to shoot weddings and record sound? Your wedding footage looks good and you're on the right track. To perk up your wedding DVD's you can add footage from Digital Hotcakes Wedding Essentials Volume 3. Check them out and watch the trailers. Also, start thinking about adding royalty free music to your DVD's and you can check out SmartSound Music and see what they have. I produce my own travel DVD's when Traveling and are happy to use both of the mentioned above. Good Luck!

Happy Travels
Ralph Hajik

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved