FORUMS: list search recent posts

Attracting clients: Word of mouth, advertising, cold-calling/e-mailing?

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Samuel SmithAttracting clients: Word of mouth, advertising, cold-calling/e-mailing?
by on Mar 26, 2014 at 1:03:45 am

I'm wondering if you've had more success attracting clients through simply building a solid reputation and network through your work, or if you rely more on advertising, or a more proactive approach in cold-contacting any local or traveling event organizers/artists/etc.

Especially initially, the word-of-mouth and networking elements to draw in clients isn't a great option. Aside from a few forms of advertising or simply having a website that gets good search results, I'm stumped to think of another option than to research a potential client/venue/organization a bit, then craft a video proposal to them.

Any experience or advice in this general area is appreciated.

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Attracting clients: Word of mouth, advertising, cold-calling/e-mailing?
by on Mar 26, 2014 at 3:23:17 pm

My favorite "back door" method of marketing to a specific company is to research into what the CEO and the company do for charity work, then make some spec pieces for that charity, as a calling card.

Return to posts index

Samuel SmithRe: Attracting clients: Word of mouth, advertising, cold-calling/e-mailing?
by on Mar 29, 2014 at 10:48:12 pm

That's a creative idea I wouldn't have thought of.

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: Attracting clients: Word of mouth, advertising, cold-calling/e-mailing?
by on Apr 29, 2014 at 4:17:52 pm

What kind of work are you looking for?

The more your name is out there, the better. So you have to grind it out for a while to build your reputation, then the referrals will come.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>