FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wedding Videographer Insurance???

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam DeierlingWedding Videographer Insurance???
by on May 10, 2013 at 2:34:14 pm

I am a fairly new wedding videographer and I was wondering if anyone had any advice on insurance for my cameras as well as liability. Since I will be around lots of people I don't want to get sued if someone trips over something of mine. I found the this site. Has anyone used them before? They seem to have good information. I may give them a call and see what they say...

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: Wedding Videographer Insurance???
by on May 10, 2013 at 3:08:56 pm

I went through You sign up for their website listing and then you get a discount on insurance. This is still cheaper than most other policy's out there.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
Video Marketing

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro
with Final Cut Studio Adobe CS6 Production

Return to posts index

Post removed by author on Apr 27, 2015 at 3:48:27 am.

Jeff LeedsRe: Wedding Videographer Insurance???
by on Apr 27, 2015 at 3:49:44 am
Last Edited By Jeff Leeds on Apr 27, 2015 at 3:17:17 pm

I got covered in like 5 minutes at Answered a few questions on their web site and it generated quotes from four solid insurance companies. I paid $34 a month with my VISA for E&O coverage which protects me against unsatisfied clients threatening lawsuits. Now with an airtight contract and $1 million in Liability coverage I feel a lot more at ease.

Return to posts index

Ryan GravesRe: Wedding Videographer Insurance???
by on May 26, 2015 at 10:22:49 pm

I have never heard of them but I just go through Allstate, since we have them for home & auto. Is that guy good and affordably priced? I don't think I'd recommend getting someone who says they *specifically* specialize in entertainment insurance...that seems odd and a small category. I just get business insurance overall because it can cover your entire business, not just your cameras and liability. I think we pay $200 a year if I remember right.

On that note, what types of weddings do you shoot? All? Where do you practice out of? I love networking and seeing other people's work - I'm a sap and LOVE my wife...and LOVE putting together awesome videos. :-) Check mine out at; I'd love to see what you think. Happy shopping for insurance!!! :-) Sincerely, Ryan Graves, Seattle Wedding Videography

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved