FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best cards to use

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pete CotelleseBest cards to use
by on Dec 7, 2012 at 3:15:23 am

I have finally received my new hd camera. My old camera was mini dv and I upgraded, but my Panasonic did not come with cards. It says it is compatible with sdxc, sd memory cards, sdhc memory cards sdxc. Also it says class 4 or higher. Please recommend the best cards for me to buy. I am an event videographer capturing weddings, parties, mitzvahs.

thank you

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Best cards to use
by on Dec 9, 2012 at 6:54:29 am

My buddies tell me that if it is for pro use, go class 10 or better. Their reason is, if I understood them right, is the card has to be fast enough when taking in the video, to not drop out and lose a frame or two when it hits a partition in the recording file system.

Return to posts index

David EaksRe: Best cards to use
by on Dec 9, 2012 at 11:16:48 am

I agree with Mark, Class 10 or better. I have been quite happy with these-

Loaded into both slots of all 4 of my Sony NX5s (a couple being the slightly older 30 mb/s version). Of course now there is the 95 mb/s Extreme Pro version-

Either way, I've had no problems with any of them. Be sure to read your cameras user manual and follow the recommended procedure for properly formatting and maintaining your cards. Like Sony's "hidden" Media Empty function.

Before buying, find your camera on B&H then see what cards are recommended in the accessories section.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved