FORUMS: list search recent posts

Prospective Clients are my best salesperson

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brent DunnProspective Clients are my best salesperson
by on Sep 26, 2012 at 6:54:54 pm

I've noticed recently in my phone conversations with prospective clients, that they've already looked at my website and sample films.

They already have a pretty good idea of the quality, style, and pricing of my work. Yes, I even have some of my pricing. Some people are afraid to post any pricing, but it saves me hours talking to people who may not have my services in their budget. Plus, I offer other inexpensive services that other companies do not supply.

I spoke to two clients this week, who went on this rant about how great I was....really. Of course, I just closed my mouth and let them go. Once I answered some questions about what type of services we offered, they upgraded themselves and told me how important video was to them.

I've been in business now for 8 years. The one thing I've learned about sales is that, once they see my work, I stop talking about my work. I start asking them about their lives, what their goals are, what they are trying to accomplish, etc. I even mention my kids sometimes.

I may apologize for not being in the office because my 6 year old had a soccer game. That opens a more personal approach and connects me with a client. I've found that when I talk about their personal a good makes sales happen naturally.

Sometimes companies try to sale, sale, sale, and end up creating an environment of high pressure sales which turn of prospective clients. I've found even after I'm done with a job that I have clients that make me part of their family.

Just thought I'd share some insight to how I try to run my business.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
Video Marketing

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index