FORUMS: list search recent posts

Capturing/Importing Video Mini DV as you shoot

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Herr
Capturing/Importing Video Mini DV as you shoot
on Jun 20, 2012 at 8:31:01 pm

Hello all,

My customer needs a computer file of the shoot as soon as it is finished. If I am shooting MINI DV
that means I would have to import and export etc.. and it takes time. Minute for minute so to speak.

Is there a way to import/capture to the computer while I shoot ?

Thanks,
Al

alchemyvideo.biz

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: Capturing/Importing Video Mini DV as you shoot
on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:38:18 pm

Using some special applications, yes. Adobe On Location is one such. There are others. If it's only mini-DV quality, what I'd do on a budget is run a stand-alone DVD recorder tapping off the camera. The client can take that after a minute or two of finalizing the disk, and they can play it in set-top DVD player or a computer, which is very flexible. They can also use MPEG Streamclip to convert the DVD into files for web or whatever, in a very short time, it's childishly simple. And free.

Return to posts index

Al Herr
Re: Capturing/Importing Video Mini DV as you shoot
on Jun 21, 2012 at 9:25:24 pm

Hey Mark,
I'd already planned to record to DVD simultaneously and that might turn out to be key.

The customer wants to be able to leave with a finished file that will play on their laptop. She has a Lenovo THinkpad and I'm on a Mac.

What I'd planned to do was record to Canon Hi-Def (memory cards) and then copy that file over using a card reader to her laptop BUT that produces an AVCHD file and she isn't a techy so I'm not sure she will be able to play that file without processing it. She wants it ready to go as she is leaving town.

So hopefully she will be happy with the DVD after finalizing.

Thanks,
Al

alchemyvideo.biz

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]