FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need Assistance Upgrading Cameras and Editing System

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
paul boldenNeed Assistance Upgrading Cameras and Editing System
by on Jan 27, 2012 at 9:13:55 am

Hello Everyone,

I really would appreciate any assistance. After 12 years I am going to upgrade my DV cameras and editing station. As many of you will understand, I need to do this as affordably as possible.

Any thoughts on Panasonic’s AG-HMC80 for documentary and corporate work? This would be replacing my DSR 200A. At a cost of about $1800 the price is definitely right. (BTW, anyone know of a better price)?

Pulling a key. The AG-HMC80 uses MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 encoding. How well does this codec key compared with DV 4:1:1?

Can Adobe Premiere 2.0 work with MPEG-4 AVC/H.264?

I also need an affordable handheld replacement for my VX1000 to compliment the PanaAG-HMC80 to be used on a jib. Any suggestions?

PC. I need to upgrade my pc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated here. I need to stick with XP as I have several thousand dollars in software that I want to continue using. Any models, specs and/or resellers would be VERY helpful.

I know that this is a lot to ask. Thanks again everyone.
Paul Bolden

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Need Assistance Upgrading Cameras and Editing System
by on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:35:34 pm

Not the best codec to green screen with, then again, you're used to Dv codec, which was no picnic to pull good keys from either.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]