FORUMS: list search recent posts

Getting into being a Wedding Videographer with a 7D

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric GogginGetting into being a Wedding Videographer with a 7D
by on Dec 9, 2011 at 3:49:06 am

I've been offered to video weddings, it would be part of a package that has a DJ, Photographer and a Videographer. Now I've never shot a wedding before, I've done short films and live music shows. I been doing the research and just getting to know the wedding type video style. I've noticed a lot of packages have two cameras, I only own one Canon 7D, should I look into renting an extra camera on for the day. I believe 7D's can over heat and aren't the best for long shoots. Would it be harder to capture every moment with just one camera?

Any advice about shooting weddings would be great or even just point me in the right direction.

Any advice would be great.

Return to posts index

Michael SacciRe: Getting into being a Wedding Videographer with a 7D
by on Dec 10, 2011 at 9:48:29 am

All Canon DSLR will stop every 12 minutes so there is no way to capture the entire event with a single camera. It is also more than just renting an extra camera you need an operator also.

If you are recording sound to another device, which you really need to be, you can hide the starts and stops with b-roll.

Remember there is no saying cut and resetting the scene. Weddings are one of the hardest things to deal with. If the client wants the full ceremony you probably want 3 cameras with operators. If it is more of a montage you can get away with one camera if you are good and fast.

If you take the job good luck.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved