FORUMS: list search recent posts

Questionable Lyrics

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James CourtneyQuestionable Lyrics
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 2:44:05 am

Hello All,

Wondering if anyone else has this dilemma.

Anyone who has videoed a bar/batmitzvah has undoubtedly captured 12 and 13 years old singing Forget You, Shots Shots Shots, and others. I understand the parents consented to their kids being at the party and have probably been to ones previously so they're aware of the lyrics being sung these days. Do you edit out these parts or just leave them in? I'm thinking of Granny watching these videos. Has anyone here ever been asked to cut them?

Return to posts index

Mark SuszkoRe: Questionable Lyrics
by on Dec 8, 2011 at 3:40:57 pm

You are not being paid to fix questionable parenting unless it's mentioned in the contract. You're a documentarian. I think it is prudent to call the parents and ask what they think about it, they should be told that it adds time and cost to edit the tracks, versus not including them in the master program. Then it's the customer's decision and their problem to deal with bubbie's disappointment.

Return to posts index

Kingsley ForemanRe: Questionable Lyrics
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 8:34:12 am

We are quite as worried about that in Australia (Aussies swear a lot), but as I see it there is a production quality cost that needs to be dealt with ether by the customer, or the quality of the the final product.

I guess if they want to remove swearing you ether have to make the final product sound awful but muting the music during the swear words or have the customer pay for a separate audio recording for vocals so they can be removed cleanly in post at more expense.

The problem I see with it if the first option is used it reduces the quality of your services, which could later reflect badly on you and your work even though it is the result of the customer.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved