FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for an efficient DVD disc and DVD box label printer

COW Forums : Event Videographers

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Errol LazareLooking for an efficient DVD disc and DVD box label printer
by on Nov 27, 2011 at 1:24:51 am

Hey Forum,

I print quite a bit of DVDs and Blurays of event videos and am finding that my current printing solution is very time consuming: IE inserting each disc one at a time into my Epson printing tray, printing the trap sheet and then cutting it down the size of the DVD box.

Are there any good solutions that you'd recommend for printing to different DVDs along with possibly burning them and also printing/cutting the trapsheet? An automated process would be desirable.

Thanks

Errol X. Lazare
EXL Films
http://www.exlfilms.com

Return to posts index

Brent DunnRe: Looking for an efficient DVD disc and DVD box label printer
by on Dec 2, 2011 at 4:11:24 pm

I use Primera's Bravo II disc Publisher. It's a robotic system that allows you to duplicate & print up to 50 discs. They have many other systems on their website. http://www.primera.com

Also check out discmakers.com They also have systems.

It definitely is worth the extra money, saving you time. Sometimes I run it right before going to bed, so it's all done when I wake up.

Brent Dunn
Owner / Director / Editor
DunnRight Films
DunnRight Video.com
Video Marketing Toolbox.net

Sony EX-1,
Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 7D
Mac Pro Tower, Quad Core,
with Final Cut Studio

HP i7 Quad laptop
Adobe CS-5 Production Suite

Return to posts index

Martin CurtisRe: Looking for an efficient DVD disc and DVD box label printer
by on Dec 13, 2011 at 3:23:54 am

I use a Primera BravoPro Xi for disc printing. I avoid printing anything else (labels and inserts for the cases) by using translucent cases. But inserts do look more professional.

Primera has a range of printers with built-in burners.

Just a thing to be aware of: when I launch the printing software on my Mac (PT Publisher), my Mac loses the ability to see its internal DVD burner, so I can't burn a disc and prepare a print at the same time. As soon as I quit PT Publisher, discs are visible again. Odd little thing, but there you go.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]